Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hontou?Concerto

BLAH.

I am the Owner/Leader, Mixer (musick and video), and member of Hontou?Concerto (H?C).
Because of that, a lot of my time revolves around it~
Okay...
Not that much time, but a lot of my responsibility does deal with it.

Especially the mixing, since I had to restart it from practically scratch!
My PC's sound card had died, when I had most of it done (I just had to get some covers and re-do's before finalizing the mixing). So, once I got my laptop, I had to re-start it.
I... am pretty far behind.
(Also note that the project was extended due to too many real-life responsibilities, like, coming and snatching everyone away!
I also had to re-cast some members, since two-or-three left during the project...)

Anyways~
I am working with vocals that are within a month and half-a-year's age...
(That means the majority of the vocals are OLDE!)
Which is somewhat difficult for me, since I feel that I improved a LOT (seriously, not even trying to exaggerate)... And my olde vocals are what killed most of the songs. XD
(Sorry, everyone!)
Oh, my vocals are the oldest ones for H?M and... the fourth-or-fifth oldest for H?B.
(I have only been dealing with H?M mixing, by the way. Since it's a longer project.)


Alright~
Because I'm pretty much bored and not in the mood to mix or sing or practice, etc., let's take a look at my responsibilities for H?C! <3
*is bored*

As the Owner and Leader of H?C, I have the job of making sure:
~ Deadlines are met
~ Covers are assigned when needed
~ Updating the Forums and sending out Bulk eMails
~ Trying to help explain the directions and what I say (as I'm confusing)
~ Colour-coding the lyrics
~ Assigning roles
~ Reviewing given recordings (vocals)
~ Giving a list of reviews to those who sent in recordings (some do a lot, some do very little)
~ Trying to keep the group going (no hiatuses, I mean)
~ Choosing the next project
~ Giving everyone an accessible link to rips and colour-codes
~ Updating the Lyrics Site
~ Updating the Blog (mostly for detailed updates on mixing)
~ Updating any other site for H?C

As the Mixer, I have the job of making sure:
~ Those that review the song think it's good enough to use
~ Timing is right (vocals to vocals, vocals to instrumental, [song] dub to video)
~ Volume is pretty much equal

And, as a Member, I have the job of making sure:
~ I record my lines on time
~ I record my lines properly
~ My lines are usable
~ I practice the songs [that I'm in]
~ (I do not take advantage of my other jobs)

See?
Lots of work. XD
And as a fellow member (singer), I do not the annoyances of recording and then the recording not being up to basic standards.

As a result, I feel bad for whenever I have to tell people to re-do things.
Or have the person be covered or overall replaced.

There are various reasoning as to why and how I do things...
But following the rules is a main reason for everything.
That's why I try my best to be super-detailed in my rules.
As well as making a list on what will make me tell someone that they need to re-do things.
(Such as recording volume was too loud, recording was saved too loud, majority is mumbles, and musick is way too loud in the background.)

Ah...
So much work. XD

Also~
I gave out the next projects for everyone already. =3
(Just as I started to re-mix everything.)
Since some of the new members were annoyed of waiting...
But, whatever.

So long as the members don't finish too fast...
Ja.
Some finish too fast. XD

At least right now.
After I catch up with the mixing, everything will seem kind of slow.
Receiving everyone's recordings, I mean.

But, other than that, I love H?C~ <3
Everyone's really nice and there are, like, two people that are from foreign places (one's from France). X3
Yay, for people~

No comments: